Perhaps the best for one to assert their standing as an expert of a specialist in their field and domain is to acquire a Ph.D. degree. It is a universal understanding that anyone with a Ph.D. degree is bound to be an expert in whatever field they are involved in. Such professionals with Ph.D.s are highly sought after in a variety of settings including –
- the education industry,
- research and development sectors,
- academic and scholarly undertakings,
- overseeing committees and board members for massive organizations,
- as members of various trusts and fellowships, and much more.
Undertaking a Ph.D. however, is a massive undertaking. People often underestimate the difficulty of undertaking and completing a Ph.D. successfully because they are simply unaware of what doing so entails. A Ph.D. degree requires a considerable amount of effort and persistence on the part of the candidate owing to the fact that the Ph.D. thesis (which is an integral part of every Ph.D. program, irrespective of what discipline one is getting their Ph.D. in) is often a very hard thing to successfully accomplish, as it requires a lot of hard work, in the form of –
- finding a decent research topic to carry out research in (the topic should be unique and hold some significance in terms of resolving a challenge or challenges posing progress and developments in the particular discipline);
- carrying out research and experimentation in the most appropriate manner (such that the desired results are obtained);
- being able to make discoveries and obtain findings of considerable value to the field;
- finding a way to successfully complete the reviewal process and have your project accepted by the reviewing committee at your university or academic institution;
- finding a suitable high-impact journal to have your research published in (so that the academic world may get to know about your work and the results thereof), etc.
If you are someone who is either planning on undertaking a Ph.D. degree or is already in the middle of pursuing one, then you will greatly benefit from the forthcoming ‘Ph.D. End to End Assistance & Guidance‘ webinar being organized by IFERP. This webinar which is set to take place from the 14th to the 20th of August, 2020, will go into detail about how to easily and effortlessly go about successfully acquiring a Ph.D. degree. Over the course of seven sessions, which will take from 5 PM to 7 PM during this week-long webinar, participants of this webinar will be enlightened on topics such as –
- Registration, Tips for finding Ph.D. research topics & proposal
- Participants will learn the essentials of how to go about –
- registering for a Ph.D. degree,
- how to choose the best university for them to get their Ph.D. degree from,
- finding a great research topic within their discipline that is unique as well as holds value in terms of solving certain challenges in their discipline,
- how to deliver a great proposal to the reviewing committee of the university where you are undertaking your research, such that your thesis proposal gets easily accepted by them, etc.
- The professionals speaking in this session include veteran scholars and academics who have managed to successfully acquire and accomplish multiple PhDs during the course of their careers.
- The insights that these professionals will offer will prove to transform your approach to completing your Ph.D., helping you do things quicker and much more efficiently.
- Participants will learn the essentials of how to go about –
- Transitioning From Coursework to Doctoral Capstone Writing
- While a dissertation for a Ph.D. degree simply entails carrying out and accomplishing hypothetical research on a topic that may or might not work out as a real-world solution that is capable of helping address or solve the hypothetical challenge that was outlined in the dissertation, a doctoral capstone is something else altogether.
- Those people undertaking doctoral capstone degrees are not in the pursuit of undertaking research for a hypothetical research topic (with no aim of actually developing a feasible solution based on the outcomes of the research) but are interested in going above and beyond that by developing a full-fledged product or working solution.
- In this second session of the webinar for PhD candidates, participants will learn about how they can transition their coursework from simply that to a higher calling – which is a doctoral capstone writing project.
- Creating a Structure for your Literature Review and Incorporating Previous Research
- This session will offer participants an insight into how to acquire inspiration from previous research works carried out on the same topic that they are currently delving into.
- An integral part of a Ph.D. dissertation is to find out the extent to which research has already been done in the topic that you are delving into.
- This requires considerable digging, in the form of searching for pertinent research papers, articles, surveys, and more.
- This entire process is referred to as the ‘literature review’ process in the world of Ph.D. academia.
- One also might want to incorporate the research that they have carried out previously either –
- as an independent researcher,
- as a research professional engaged with a private academic institution, company or organization,
- as a post-graduate, or
- as an undergraduate.
- The speakers lecturing in this session of one of the most highly anticipated upcoming webinars 2020 will offer participants a clear cut strategy on exactly how they can go about doing so, by either –
- incorporating some of the findings and conclusions of their previous studies into their Ph.D. dissertation, or
- expanding and delving further into a topic that they have already pursued research in or experimented on earlier.
- Problem Identification, Designing and implementing your quantitative research and Qualitative Data Analysis
- This is perhaps the most critical of all the sessions in this webinar as it has to with the identification of problems as and when they arise during the course of your research work.
- New challenges and problems keep arising as part of experimentation and research work.
- These things have to be talked head-on in order to ensure that they don’t get out of hand and end up derailing the entire research project entirely.
- This can be done by –
- identifying problems as soon as they crop up,
- designing and planning out an appropriate strategy to combat the problem so that it doesn’t get out of hand, and
- effectively implementing this strategy such that it doesn’t derail the entire course of the dissertation work and cause it to take a whole other, unintended trajectory.
- How to write your Ph.D. Thesis: An Introduction to the Fundamentals including Editing & Proof Reading
- Writing a Ph.D. thesis is also an incredibly crucial part of successfully completing one’s dissertation and acquiring their degree.
- Being able to put down and portray-
- the exact research topic that is being pursued,
- the methodologies that are being employed to carry out the study,
- the challenges and problems that are hoping to be resolved,
- the references and previous research works that are being utilized, and
- the findings that are being obtained,
into words, such that readers are able to clearly understand what your Ph.D. dissertation is exactly about, takes a lot of time and effort.
- This is also often the part that Ph.D. candidates find the most frustrating and hard to do.
- In this session, participants will learn exactly how to –
- approach the writing part of their dissertation,
- carry out formatting and editing of their dissertation, and
- proofread their dissertation to ensure that it is completely error-free, non-plagiarized, and factual.
- How to identify & defend your research methods and methodologies and major changes in the Viva and how to address these
- One one of the most overlooked and underestimated parts of accomplishing a Ph.D. research project is, the defense part of it.
- Being able to stand in front of a reviewing committee and answer all their questions takes a lot of guts and confidence.
- The speakers at this session will offer their insights on how to overcome any fear that may arise at the thought of doing so.
- By the end of this session, participants will be extremely confident about undertaking and successfully accomplishing their Ph.D. defense.
- Ph.D. in India – Statistics, and Prospective
- The seventh and final session of this 2020 Webinar for PhD candidates will delve into the facts and figures of Ph.D. work in India.
- Participants will get to know exactly –
- how many Ph.D. candidates there are in the country,
- how many of them manage to successfully complete their degrees,
- at what stage most Ph.D. candidates tend to drop out of their courses,
- what characteristics and traits successful Ph.D. candidates have in common, and much more!
Six Reasons Why You Should Definitely Consider Partitaking In This highly Anticipated Webinar
Listed below are six reasons why anybody who is either thinking or contemplating pursuing a Ph.D. degree, or anybody who is already currently pursuing a Ph.D. degree, should seriously register for this forthcoming IFERP-organized event.
- Reason #1
To Gain Necessary Inspiration
- At this webinar, prospective candidates will also acquire loads of ideas on what research topics to pursue their Ph.D. dissertations in, as well as how to exactly plan and go about obtaining their degrees.
- Reason #2
To Get Access To Closely Guarded Secrets
- Participants of this webinar will avail exclusive access to numerous tips, tricks, and suggestions on how to accomplish their PhDs with complete success.
- Reason #3
To Obtain Confidence They Need To Successfully Complete Their Degree
- A Ph.D. degree might seem enticing in the very initial stages, and slowly begin to turn more and more stressful, boring, and mundane as the time goes by.
- In such cases, what candidates need the most is some more inspiration and reassurance about why successfully completing their Ph.D. will prove to be incredibly beneficial to them.
- Reason #4
To Learn At The Feet Of Veteran Professionals With Multiple PhDs
- Numerous highly qualified who have managed to obtain multiple PhDs during the course of their careers will be present at this event.
- This presents participants with a never-before-anticipated opportunity to gain crucial insights that can help to complete their dissertation effortlessly and quickly.
- Reason #5
To Obtain A One-Year Free IFERP Membership, Recorded Video Of The Entire Webinar & A Detailed PDF of The Webinar Contents
- Aside from a one-year free-of-charge IFERP membership that offers exclusive access to numerous opportunities, study material, front-row seats at world-class conferences, and much more, participants will also obtain a recorded video version of the entire webinar and a detailed PDF which they can use as a reference whenever they want.
- Reason #6
A Highly Valuable E-Certificate
- Perhaps one of the biggest benefits is that attendees of this webinar will be furnished with an e-certificate that will prove to be a tremendous value-addition to their CV and career.
Click and register webinar right away, if you haven’t already. Slots are filling up quickly as people are beginning to register from all over the world.