The common understanding amongst the masses and laypeople who do not have any idea about the job of a researcher, scientist, scholar, or any other profession which requires steadfast experimentation and research work to be carried out day in and day out on a particular topic or certain phenomena, is that it must be an easy job. While this is relative to the researcher, generally speaking, it is quite a daunting profession. This is mostly so because it can be pretty hard for a researcher to garner the attention that he/she aspires to, for their work and findings.
The most popular method for a researcher to have their work known to the global academic community is to get either a research article, a paper, a case study or survey paper (that details things such as their objective, research methodology, findings, etc) published in a well-known and widely recognized journal or publication of global repute. By doing so, they make all details about their pioneering studies and groundbreaking research outcomes, known not just to the audiences and readers of the journal (that they managed to get their paper/article published in), but also the broader academic community through word of mouth means. As the word about the sheer groundbreaking nature of the findings of the study makes their way around academic circles, naturally the reputation of the author or the paper/article begins expanding as well. This, in turn, leads to –
- opportunities to collaborate with reputable researchers on bigger research projects of greater significance to the discipline and the world,
- possibilities of obtaining critical funding and financial support (necessary to prolong one’s research project or expand it),
- numerous lucrative career opportunities, etc.
The Primary Hurdle – The Dearth Of Essential Know-How On Research Article Writing & Publishing
Albeit, the biggest hurdle that research professionals who strive for such recognition and career elevation is knowing exactly how to go about –
- writing a world-class research article/paper, and
- getting it published in a well-reputed journal with a high impact factor.
Although one might think that living in the age of the internet, this know-how is most probably only a click away, hidden away in some blog, an article, a tutorial, or such, the fact of the matter is that such knowledge is often kept secret by veteran research authors who enjoyed decades of success in getting numerous research articles of theirs published in top journals and publications.
Both aspiring and veteran research authors are desperately in search of these secrets, but often don’t know where to come across them. In answer to such professionals, who are starving for the critical expertise that they need to be successful research authors, IFERP has organized the ‘Research Article Writing and Publications – Advanced Concepts‘ webinar series. This five-day event which will take place from the 1st of August 2020, up until the 5th of August 2020, from 5 to 7 PM, two hours each day, will prove to be a revolutionary event, in terms of breaking the floodgates of the research authorship secrets that have been so closely guarded for such a long time. Numerous veteran research authors (with decades of authorship experience) along with stalwarts from the scientific journal publishing field will be speaking throughout this webinar for journals series –
- breaking down every stage of the research article publishing process,
- discussing the intricacies of each of these stages and their criticality,
- offering their insights on the right way to plan and handle each of these stages, etc.
Detailed below are some of the points that participants of this career-transforming webinar are sure to be privileged with.
- The Different Formats That Authors Can Choose To Demonstrate Their Work
- To begin with, research authors can pick from –
- a research paper,
- a research article,
- a survey paper, and
- a case study,
- To begin with, research authors can pick from –
to exhibit the objectives of their research work, the research methodologies employed to carry out their studies and experiments, the findings of their research work, etc.
- This is entirely dependant on the sort of research that is being undertaken, the outcomes being obtained, and the discipline that the research is based upon.
- Finding out exactly what format one wants to have the findings of their research work published in is a crucial part of ensuring that the paper has a profound effect on readers and audiences.
- Therefore, one should think hard and carefully about how the intricacies of their research study and experimental work are best portrayed and made easily understandable to audiences and readers.
- For those who are not experienced enough to make such a decision, the speakers at this webinar for engineering students will offer enlightening tips on the easiest way to go about making this decision.
- These tips for writing journal publication will be tailor-made to researchers belonging to diverse disciplines, offering field-specific insights that will prove to be crucial in making the right choice when it comes to choosing the format.
- These tips will include suggestions on how to exactly go about –
- writing, and
each of the above-mentioned research publication types.
- Irrespective of which format one prefers, they will be armed with the expertise necessary to make the right choices, by the end of this webinar.
- Preparing A Compelling Abstract
- Aside from writing, formatting, planning, and editing a research paper, the thing that research authors find the most difficult and daunting, is getting accepted by a globally reputed journal or publication with a high-impact factor.
- For those who are not aware – the impact factor of a journal signifies its reach and the extent to which its reader-base exists, i.e the higher the impact factor of a publication, the more people a research article published within such a journal are likely to read.
- Owing to the highly competitive nature of the world of research authorship and publication, it is understandable that such high-impact journals (which are most often indexed by popular journal indexing databases such as SCI, SCOPUS, Web of Science, Springer, etc) receive hundreds if not thousands of applications every week and month, from authors requesting to have their articles/papers published.
- Naturally, these journals have to have strict quality vetting procedures in place that determine –
- the significance of the research topic and objectives being pursued,
- the significance of the findings of the research study, and
- the originality of the research being undertaken, amongst many other things.
- The ‘Abstract’, which offers a brief overview of a research article/paper and the contents therein, is most often utilized in an application, to demonstrate the above-mentioned qualities.
- Therefore, it makes sense that in order for an application to be successful, one must prepare as original and as compelling an abstract as possible.
- This will ensure that the in-house committee in charge of the vetting the quality of applications at a journal, will find it attractive enough to deem it fit for publication.
- By the end of this upcoming webinar, participants will be equipped with all the information they need to be successfully accepted by the world’s biggest and most prominent journals. Register for the webinar, right now!
- Delving Into The Intricacies Of A Research Article/Paper
- The key to writing a successful research paper is all about originality, uniqueness, and innovation.
- The speakers who are set to deliver presentations and lectures throughout this five-day webinar will offer their perspectives on how to channel one’s creativity to do so, while also maintaining the integrity of the research performed.
- Very often aspiring and amateur authors make the mistake of modeling their research paper and articles based on other popular articles and papers.
- This results in mediocre emulations of already popular works that do not quite have the same effect as the originals and are rarely successful, in terms of being accepted by leading journals and gaining widespread notoriety.
- Participants of this webinar will be taught how to trust their instincts and rely on their own creativity rather than trying to copy or ape someone else’s work.
- This unique perspective and innovative approach are what the biggest journals and publications in the world, are constantly on the lookout for and offer preference to.
- Writing a research paper from such a unique perspective also makes it more interesting and intriguing to the reader-base and audiences of the journal that one wishes to have their paper published in.
- Apart from this, participants will also receive specific guidance on how to approach every part of a research paper, including –
- the Introduction,
- Literature Citations, etc.
- Keeping these suggestions in mind while writing a paper, will prove to be incredibly beneficial to authors, in terms of preparing a well-rounded article that is a unique blend of innovativeness, and intrigue.
- Procuring Necessary Funding & Financing
- In addition to gaining widespread attention and recognition, it is also the goal of every research author to acquire the required financial support and funding for them to carry on their research projects.
- This not only helps them to expand the scope of their research and venture into new areas and explore new phenomena but also be able to carry on what they like doing with complete peace of mind.
- Researchers often find themselves in tricky situations, being forced by their affiliated organizations or institutions to either make extraordinary discoveries in extremely short periods of time or halt their work altogether.
- This often leads to –
- lack of uniqueness, and
- subpar research work,
which researchers can find incredibly hard to bounce back from.
- This is because of the fact that, once a researcher has gained the reputation for undertaking inconsequential research studies and projects that do not hold any significance whatsoever, they can find it incredibly hard to obtain any sort of funding for them to either pursue a new project or to continue one.
- Those who struggle in this area are guaranteed to obtain tons of useful suggestions, advice, and guidance on the right way to go about approaching organizations, institutions, and universities, and procure essential funding as well as financial support.
After reading this article, do you feel like you could stand to gain a lot from this upcoming webinar? Do you think that arming yourself with such expertise will definitely stand you in good stead when it comes to achieving success as a highly reputed research author? Then, you might want to register yourself for this webinar as soon as possible, before all existing slots are exhausted, and you lose this golden opportunity forever!