Eagerly looking to have your research paper published in one of the most well-recognized and renowned Scopus indexed journals 2023, but are not aware of how to go about doing so? This article is meant just for people like you, in that it offers a step by step process of how you can search, identify, and go about approaching the best Scopus indexed journal or publication in your respective discipline to have your research paper published in.
However if you’re someone who is not even aware of what Scopus indexed publications and journals are then you might first want to start of by getting to know what a Scopus indexed journal is and why getting your research paper published in this journal is the best way for you to gain prominence in your field as a recognized researcher and scientific experimenter who undertakes groundbreaking and pioneering research studies and exploratory pursuits that yield phenomenal results and outcomes.
Scopus is one of the biggest citation databases for peer-reviewed publications, papers, and colloquiums that exists in the globe today. Any body who is of repute within the academic community seeks to have their research work published in Scopus indexed journals and publications because they are trusted and read by millions academics, researchers, scholars and other professionals across the world. One the most well-known and prominent journals get to be indexed in Scopus.
One can rest assured that any journal or publication that is a Scopus indexed journal or publication, is of the highest quality. This is because Scopus has strict policies and criteria as far as allowing journals to be indexed. Any journal or publication that is selected by Scopus to be listed as part of its master list is carefully vetted for its authenticity, validity, quality of content, range of research, up-to-dateness of the information published and many more criteria. Once a journal or publication is listed within the master list of Scopus it becomes recognized as a Scopus indexed journal.
Steps Involved In Publishing Your Paper In A Scopus Indexed Journal/Publication 2023
Discovering Scopus Indexed Journals 2023
- Scopus has made it effortless and straightforward for anybody looking for Scopus indexed journals that are pertinent to their topic of interest and subject of study, to do so.
- Because there are hundreds of thousands of Scopus indexed journals across all domains present today, it can be pretty hard for somebody looking for a relevant Scopus indexed journal to find one, just by skimming through the master list of Scopus.
- This is why Scopus has made it possible for users to search for their favorite journals by entering in simple details such as –
- their preferred subject of interest,
- the title of the specific journal/publication that they’re looking for,
- the name of the publisher, and
- its ISSN code.
- Using any one of the details above accurately will help people in finding the exact journal/publication that is listed in Scopus’ master list.
- Having specific details about the journal that you are looking for, such as its title, the name of the publisher and its ISSN code will make it easier for you to find the particular publication.
- However, if you are unaware of these specific details for the journal that you’re searching for, then you might want to perform a broader search by just entering in the subject area and conducting a broader subject search, which will take more time, but is also effortless because Scopus offers more options to narrow down your search.
Identifying the Best Journal/Publication That Is Scopus Indexed
- The primary goal of everyone seeking to have their research work and papers published in Scopus indexed journals is so that they can gain the recognition of prominent domain experts and peers from their fields.
- However, blindly publishing your research paper in any journal or publication is not the best way to go about spreading the word about your research work.
- One should always first begin by identifying the most relevant and appropriate journal to their current field/subject of interest/study.
- As detailed above Scopus has numerous journals and publications listed as part of its master list that it has deemed to be authentic, reliable and of great quality.
- There are certain criteria that one must keep in mind when determining if a journal or publication that they have found on Scopus’ master list is the most relevant to their research and work, such as –
- the number of readers/followers that a journal has,
- the topics that a journal is known for covering,
- the caliber of authors/researchers who have their work published in the journal,
- the opportunities that will be available as a result of getting your work published,
- their reputation and popularity within your specific field/domain, and
- whether the journal is an open-access journal or a close access one.
- When it comes to deciding between whether to choose a close access journal or an open-access journal to publish your work, it is important to remember that an open access journal requires authors as well as co-authors to pay a processing fees in the event that the journal chooses to publish their work.
Compose Your Research Paper As Per The Guidelines Of The Journal
- Now that you have identified the perfect journal to have your research work published in that is sure to fetch you the attention and recognition that you require to –
- further your standing in your profession,
- gain recognition as a reputed researcher,
- acquire critical funding to carry on your research work, and
- obtain lucrative collaborative as well as career opportunities,
- you should begin taking steps to ensure that your paper is edited and formatted in the best manner possible.
- In order to do so, start by reading and gaining a concrete understanding of all the terms and conditions of the publication that you have determined to have your work published in.
- Then proceed to check out all the previous issues of the publication and read through the papers that have been published therein and make note of the best papers.
- Doing this in combination with acquiring a thorough understanding of the journal’s terms and conditions is bound to give you a fair idea of –
- the format of all the papers published in the journal,
- the preferred style/tone of writing,
- how to accentuate your findings to make it appealing to readers.
- This will help you make your research paper have the most impact those who read it as well as demonstrate to the publishers that you are someone who does your homework and prepare well.
- In turn, by impressing them, you may be approached time and again by them to publish your work in their journal, which can lead to you becoming a regular feature on their publication.
Submitting Your Paper
- Upon preparing your paper completely to suit the format, style and voice of the journal that you have chosen to have your work published in, all that is left is to submit your completed paper.
- Again a good and solid understanding of the journal’s terms and conditions will help you understand how to go about submitting your paper, because you will know exactly –
- where to submit your paper,
- when to submit it (deadlines for submission),
- the required fees to pay before submission (if any), and
- any other procedural necessities to follow before submission.
- Most Scopus indexed journals involve following a simple online submission procedure for authors and co-authors to submit their work.
- This involves inputting basic details including –
- email address,
- their topic/subject of study,
- the type of research that they have conducted,
- the institution/university/company that they belong to,
- their goal/objective for conducting their research, etc.
- Submitting this information most often involves filling in a form, in which case, it is crucial that you make sure that all the information that you are entering is highly accurate and up-to-date.
- This is important because any misinformation or mismatching details can lead to the reviewing committee of the journal (that is responsible for verifying the credibility, relevant and up-to-dateness of every paper that is submitted before it is selected for publication) dismissing or rejecting your submission.
- Having your research paper rejected or dismissed because of some minor misinformation in the details that you might have entered or a small error will mean you will have to go through the entire process all over again leading to a lot of wasted time and resources.
Notification Of Acceptance From The Publisher
- Once your paper has been submitted all you have to do now is wait for the reviewing committee of the journal/publication to do their job, which takes anywhere from around five to thirty days (this period sometimes even takes up sixty days or two months), depending on the complexity of the work that you have published and how many pending submissions they have to verify.
- After the reviewing committee has determined your research paper to meet all their standards and worthy of publication in their journal they will send you a notification stating that the review process is finished and your paper has been chosen for publication in their journal.
- If your paper is rejected, it is important to move on and not be dejected, but instead, focus on where you went wrong and try to improve yourself the next time around.
Transferring Of Copyrights
- The transfer of copyrights is an incredibly essential procedure for getting your research work published in a journal, as different journals/publications involve varying copyright procedures and rules.
- This is another instance where reading and acquiring a concrete understanding of the terms and conditions of the journal comes into play, as doing so will help you realize in advance what the transferring of copyrights to the journal in question entails exactly.
Confirmation Of Your Paper Being Published
- Now that the review process and transfer of copyrights to the publisher have been completed successfully, all that is left is for the publishers to actually publish your paper in their journal.
- As soon as they do this, you are likely to receive a notification from the publishers stating that your paper was published along with other details including –
- in which issue it was published,
- if there were any changes made to it at the last minute, etc.
- Many journals even offer a review period within which authors can choose to make edits to their papers as well as formatting changes in case they need to be made.
If you wish to find out more such tips on how to publish your papers in the best Scopus indexed journals then taking part in an upcoming conference 2023. To choose best engineering and technology conference to take part in, join IFERP membership, today!
If you want to get list of upcoming international conference in your mobile Download IFERP mobile app.